Conditions Of Hire
Our Conditions of Hire are as follows:
- As the centre is licensed, consumption of personal alcohol will not be tolerated and will be confiscated.
- Any electrical equipment bought into the hall must be in good condition and used in a safe manner in accordance with the electricity at work regulations 1989.
- Should any village centre equipment become damaged or faulty, please ensure that you inform the booking officer accordingly.
- Please ensure that noise levels are not excessive.
- If possible, please keep windows and the entrance doors closed when music is being played.
- Fire exits must be kept closed at all times.
- Please keep noise levels down outside the hall e.g. in the car park particularly during andat the end of functions.
First Aid / Accidents
- There is a first aid box in the kitchen.
- Grantham & District Hospital is the nearest hospital with A & E facilities. Telephone: 01476 565232.
- If there is an accident or incident of any type please fill in the accident book, this is in the first aid box behind the kitchen door.
- Hirers must note that the fire limit for the centre is 200 persons.
- No smoking within the hall.
- Smoking bins are situated by the main entrance door & 2 outside the rear of the building.
- You should point out the location of the fire exits to your guests/other users of the hall before any event begins.
- Emergency exit signs must be switched on at all times.
- You must ensure that fire exits in are not blocked or obstructed at any time both inside and outside the hall in the car park.
- Please ensure cars are parked in a manner to allow emergency service vehicles access to the main entrance.
If You Discover A Fire
- Don't panic.
- DO NOT STOP TO COLLECT BELONGINGS.
- Immediately raise the alarm which is situated in the entrance hall.
- Ask people to leave the hall using the exit(s) furthest away from the fire and to assemble in the car park.
- Shut all doors, windows and fire doors, including the kitchen hatch.
- Telephone the emergency services.
- Attack the fire if possible, only if you know how to use the appliances provided, but without taking personal risk.
- Once you are sure everyone is safely out of the building shut all external doors.
- Ensure clear access for the emergency vehicles.